How to install SSH on Windows Terminal?
1 min read
This article describes how to SSH for Windows computer Terminals.
Installing SSH Using Windows Powershell Terminal
To install SSH on Windows Command Prompt follow these steps:
First, Open the Windows Start menu and search for “Command Prompt”.
Next, right-click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
Then, in the Command Prompt window, type the following command:
This will open a PowerShell terminal window.
- Next, in the PowerShell window, type the following command to install OpenSSH:
Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name OpenSSH.Client~~~~0.0.1.0
- Press Enter and wait for the installation to complete.
Once the installation is finished, you can use the SSH command in the Command Prompt window.
To connect to a remote server, use this command:
ssh [email protected]_host
Replace “username” with your username and “remote_host” with the hostname or IP address of the remote server you are trying to connect to.
If you want to connect to a remote server using SSH, make sure that the remote server has an SSH server installed and set up properly.
- 2023/03/29 How to Open Terminal on Linux?
- 2023/03/29 How to Open Terminal on Mac?
- 2023/03/29 How to Open Terminal on Windows?
- 2023/03/26 Module 2: Data Encryption
- 2023/03/26 Module 1: Firewalls
Authored By Is-Rael Landes
Is-Rael Landes, a good man living on the earth, loving making website, teaching others and coding.